donderdag, december 21, 2006

One more time


we're gonna celebrate, ooh yeah, alright don't stop the dancing...(daft punk, One More Time)

The snow in Rio is melting, and the last day of work is coming up, and I feel bloody tired. Oh yeah, if you didn't notice, I 'm writing in English now, I thought I 'd give it a try, to see how much you Flemish speaking people understand of what I 'm writing here. It's a training for me as well, because writing in English and speaking English is not the same thing, as you probably would know.
Well then. This week has been a bad week:) By bad I mean that at work things didn't go as they were supposed to. For some weird reason all the good days came back and avenged themselves in this week...a bit of a pickle we were in;). Anyway, I 'm not going to bother you with that,just imagine a giant catering operation and imagine what can go wrong...and you're probably near the truth;). By bad I also mean that my body seemed to disagree with eating the same food for three weeks now...mashed potatoe, chicken stuffed with koriander and lime mousse and of course beans and carrots. Every now and then we'd make a difference with some Chorizo or fried potatoes, but in the end...the food remains the same:). Muscle aches and general tiredness, but yet a very statisfied feeling (and about 700£) are the results of 3 weeks of hard labour. Tired, well because it was tiresome...;)...satisfied because of a job wel done and new friends that I 've met (a thank u to them), muscle aches pop up when you are walking/running around with heavy plates, cups, saucers, cutlery, chairs, tables...Etc.

So...Saturday I will arrive in Hasselt...and I am very curious how that will be...although I know the place, it has become a bit of "oh yeah, I remember that place":). Christmas is coming, and I 'm looking forward to see my friends and family again! and the presents...:d

The gorilla reminded me of a pondering uncle, I kinda forgot his name but his birthday is coming up soon;)

Cheers innit!?
Wrab

2 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

do you expect people to answer in english too, or not? :-) well I'm waiting for u, here in good old Hasselt, every day speaking that good old DUTCH (it's quite strange that people on the streets, in the pubs,.... can understand what you are saying to each other!) (and your present is waiting for you as well ;-))

grtz ! yr lvrgrl 'Anne' (those english ppl with their strange sthortenings..)

Anoniem zei

i hear at tievie one deir is troeble at the air-port, piepel aar stuk in Engelant bekause of the frog (gorillas in the mist :-)
teik de train man, not the plain!

tog eve trug Nederlans, ligd me beeter :-)

had wel gedacht dat de sneeuw in Rio in mist zou overgaan...
enfin, je zal het nu wel allemaal gehad hebben
zevenhonderd pond geld, hard voor gewerkt
enfin, tot 1 van dees!

grtz ! yr lvrboy :-P